Thursday, February 11, 2010

Welcome to my blogosphere

Round two of chemo went pretty well, and I got out of the hospital a day earlier than I did my first round. Days one and two were ok, however, by day three the chemo brain started to take over and I started feeling discouraged and would cry at the drop of a hat. However, the visits from friends and family lifted my spirits, and my mom put together a rockin' superbowl party...I think all the other chemo patients were jealous. I have read a lot about chemo and how the drugs affect the physical body, but so far I haven't seen too much on the bio-psychological connection. There has got to be something out there on this issue. I just finished reading the book "Grace and Grit" it is an amazing book written by Ken Wilber dialoging his experiences during his wife's struggle with breast cancer. Wilber is a pretty big name in the transpersonal counseling/existential Buddhism field, and has wonderful contemplative insight on how eastern philosophy and spirituality helps us to come to terms with our own mortality (a nice light read).

Good news from the labs, chest tumors are shrinking, the xrays my doc took to detect bone loss and fractures came back negative, and my blood labs have been stable. I can't help but to attribute a part of this the the recent acupuncture treatments I have been receiving. Apparently, me and my chi were not vibing. During our session yesterday my acupuncturist if I would take out my belly button piercing due to it blocking one of my meridians. Silly little thing, I barely even notice the piercing, but to get all dramatic about it...it seems just like one more piece of me to be losing on top of hair, eyebrows, autonomy. But people tell me to stay positive so I should look at what I have gained...some killer looking tracks in both arms. :)

On the agenda for today: a blood draw and Neupron shot (in the bum :( ) to keep me in menopause...whoopee!